We have an exciting opportunity to join the JewelleryMaker team as a Product and Concept Developer working as part of our Buying & Merchandising Team based at our main office in Redditch.
You will be responsible for creating commercially driven jewellery making kits and developing new commercial opportunities in the jewellery making/craft market. The ideal candidate will be passionate about crafting, with strong creativity and commercial awareness and interested in product development. This is an extremely fast paced role working closely with the Guest Designer, Buying, Marketing and Sales teams to strict deadlines. As such excellent organisation and time management skills are essential.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSES
• Develop jewellery making kit ranges for several target audiences within the jewellery making/craft market that will inspire and engage our customers whilst being commercially focussed. These will be sold on our live craft TV shopping channel and online.
• Manage a team of freelance jewellery designers to understand their jewellery making specialisms and create jewellery making kits which play to these strengths.
• Maintain research on current market trends in both specific jewellery making mediums and generic themes including keeping an eye on what competitors are offering.
• Contribute ideas to a calendar of themes for our live TV show and ensure each theme is supported by the right Guest Designer and product range to maximise sales.
• Drive inspiration within our business by continually developing new ideas and sharing these with the wider team in order to grow our business in the craft of jewellery making.
• Create product briefs and ensure that they are shared with Buying Team on project/kit components, making product suggestions where necessary.
• Liaise with other departments within the organisation to ensure show schedules are completed.
• Brief the Marketing, Sales and Production team on key events and products, to ensure all departments are fully prepared for each show.
• Commercial Awareness – proven ability to understand what makes the business successful and continuously building on this to drive innovation and stay ahead of our competition.
• Creativity - continually suggesting new ideas with the ability to think outside the box and exceed company sales targets. Identify new opportunities and approaches. Champion new ideas and initiatives, thinks about how new ideas will work pragmatically.
• Organisation and Management Skills – Excellent planner and organisation skills, assumes responsibility and understands when there are peaks and troughs in workload. Organises work and resources to meet deadlines and continually measures performance against goals and evaluates results.
• Leadership and Coaching – Create and communicate an inspiration vision of the future in which people understand where they can fit in and how they can contribute. Always approachable, friendly and visible. Strong ability to coach and facilitate the development of others. Analyse strengths and weaknesses and give feedback, know when and how to delegate.
• Team Player – Work as part of a team to achieve common goals through shared ambition, communication and collaboration. Actively contributes to the team, understands team goals and how he/she fits in. Supports other team members and knows when to ask for help.
• Flexibility – Adaptable, embraces change and copes well with it. Responsive to the market and its pace. Want to learn and develop new skills and approaches.
• Passion for jewellery making and/or craft, jewellery or fashion.
• Strong understanding of a craft business and/or TV shopping.
• Would suit if you have account management/strong customer service experience
Working Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week with flexibility at busy periods
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying, please send your covering letter and up to date CV to Penny Donnan – HR & Recruitment Administrator at [email protected]